How to Become a Professional Data Entry Operator?
Data entry jobs are easily available though you need the right skills to get one. In the previous article we had mentioned dozens of data entry jobs.
One type of data entry job is not. You have to prepare yourself for various types of data entry jobs.
So what skill do you need to become a professional data entry operator? Let’s look at those skills for different data entry jobs.
Image for Text File Data Entry Jobs
The most common type of data entry job is converting image to text file.
Therefore you should have the following skills for such data entry job.
- Accuracy is more important than speed here. Of course you need some speed like 25 to 30 words per minute, but the accuracy is more important. You need to type things into the word document from the image file.
- The second concentration is. All the words given are related to medicine. They are very difficult to do magic because it is not like normal English. You must see each letter in the word and then type in the word document. To maintain accuracy, you need a large concentration.
- The third is patience. You should be able to sit on the computer for more than 10 hours. If you are a newbie You have to spend a lot of time sitting in front of your PC.
Typing and formatting
The second most common data entry jobs are typing and formatting jobs.
- The first skill you need is great typing speed. At least you should type 40 words per minute and up to 50 minutes per minute. You must type simple English in a word document.
- You should have full knowledge of MS Word for formatting. Here you should know about fonts, indentation, spacing, alignment, page layout etc. If you do not know MS Word then you can not format.
- You are also ready to take up the burden of work, because you will have to finish projects faster in the given period.
Form filling or survey form
The third most common types of data entry jobs are filled with different types of jobs.
- Here you need general knowledge than anything else. You will have to fill out forms such as survey forms where you need to answer some questions. You need some common knowledge.
- The second is a good knowledge of English. Here you have to type sentences yourself. This means that you do not have to copy and write.
Medical transcription jobs
The fourth type of data entry jobs are transcription jobs. Here you need the following things.
- In a medical transcription job you will have to listen on the phone and write it on a spreadsheet or word document. Therefore, you need a great listening skill. You have to listen and write it very fast.
- Second is the great knowledge of English. Because transcription jobs are only in English language.
- Third, here is the experience required. You need an experience like 2 years.
Proofreading or writing content
The fifth type of data entry jobs is content writing and proofreading. Here you need the following things.
- In Proofreading or Content Writing Jobs, you do not need to see things from the image file and do not write it in a word document. Here you have to make your sentences.
- Therefore, you should write an article. English is very important. You also need to know grammar for proofreading jobs.
So these were some suggestions that you need to know about various types of data entry jobs. Your job as a data entry operator can be anything but you should have the right skills.